Senior management experience includes Directorship in the FMCG business environment, communication skills at board level with leading customers. In-depth knowledge of Road Transport Operation and Economics obtained through tertiary qualification from RAU (Transport Economics).
Sound financial analysis of each transport sector of the company through previous management in a number of other sectors including Retail, Materials Manufacturing and Clothing Production.
Our Director: Legal has previous experience with one of the best law firms in South Africa, Webber Wentzel, in strategic alliance with Linklaters, one of the best corporate law firms in the world. Alastair obtained his LLB from the University of the Free State and specialized in both Mergers and Acquisitions and Commercial Dispute Resolution.
His major transaction include:
- Acting for Anglo American South Africa Limited in its defence of test case litigation brought against it by former Gold Mine Workers who contend that they have contracted silicosis as a result of exposure to silica dust during the course of their employment working under ground at various gold mines.
- Transnet Limited: acquisition of the Durban International Airport Site from Airports Company South Africa (ACSA).
- Advising Eskom SOC Limited in relation to collective labour law disputes with unions.
- Assisted mining and construction companies, including Royal Bafokeng Platinum Mine and COAl of Africa Limited in obtaining urgent applications against unlawfully striking employees.
- Advising Standard Bank on employment related aspects of its global restructuring.
- Advising COAL of Africa Limited in relation to due diligence for the listing of Coal of Africa on the London Stock Exchange.